The VisX Star S4
Your vision is unique - as personal as your fingerprint or your DNA.
WaveScan® technology provides
your eye doctor with a map of your vision.
Initially you will meet with your eye doctor for a complete medical evaluation and eye history to determine whether you are a good candidate for the CustomVue procedure. Your doctor will discuss the benefits and risks of the procedure with you. A WaveScan measurement will be taken to map the unique characteristics of your vision. With this map, your doctor will be able to:
- Accurately assess whether you're a good candidate for laser vision correction. Anyone who is considering laser vision correction should obtain a WaveScan measurement as the first step.
- Along with the other diagnostic tests that your doctor performs, an individualized treatment plan can then be developed to address your unique vision needs.
Once it is confirmed that you are a good candidate, your doctor will schedule you for a CustomVue procedure. Your doctor will provide details to you on how to prepare for the day of the procedure.
The Allegretto Wave® customizes every LASIK treatment to meet the needs of each individual patient. The Wavefront Optimized treatment considers the unique curvature of each cornea. The system takes into account the spherical distortions that can induce glares and night vision conditions.
Allegretto Wave uses the innovative Wavefront Optimized technology to automatically compensate for the curvature of the cornea. Lasers in the past, simply focused on correcting the front of the cornea. The results ended up being that the flattened area ended with a edge that caused unwanted side effects like glares, halos and poor night vision.
The Allegretto Wave system changes all of that by sending extra pulses to the peripheral edges of the cornea. The extra pulses allow the cornea to maintain the normal aspherical shape. The Allegretto Wave produces a smooth, effective optical zone that produces high quality vision.
In 2003, the FDA granted the Allegretto Wave® the widest approval range ever initially given to a new laser for both myopic and hyperopic vision correction. Since then, the results have been astoundingly positive.
- At one year after treatment, more than 93% of patients said they saw at least as well as or better than they had with glasses or contacts before treatment.
- More than 98% of patients achieved 20/40 vision one year after treatment; 20/40 is the level of visual acuity required to pass most driving tests.
- Nearly 60% of near-sighted patients achieved 20/16 vision after one year of treatment.
- Both near- and far-sighted patients reported an improvement in their reaction to bright lights and night driving glare after Allegretto Wave® treatments. In addition, near-sighted patients reported an improvement in sensitivity to light.
- Predictable results are the norm for the Allegretto Wave® . More than 90% of patients achieve refraction within 1 diopter of their target correction.
Is Allegretto Wave® Right for Me?
The Allegretto Wave® expands the boundaries of candidacy for LASIK. In order to truly determine your candidacy to Allegretto Wave you must meet with a doctor. After a thorough evaluation with one of our doctors at Clear Choice Custom LASIK you will know if
- You are under 21. In this case, your growth phase may not have been fully completed, meaning that your eyes can still change.
- You are pregnant or nursing. Pregnancy causes changes to your hormonal system. This can also cause your vision to change. It is therefore better to wait until your child is born and you have finished nursing.
- You have poorly-controlled glaucoma or blood pressure.
- You have keratoconus, a corneal irregularity.
- You have inflammation of the eye (uveitis, blepharitis or iritis)
- Your eyes have been infected by herpes simplex.
- You have suffered previous severe injuries on the eye.
- You have corneal scars or infections.
- You are taking certain medications.
- You suffer from other diseases of the eye such as AMD, diabetic retinopathy, cataract, or others
Have you been considering vision correction, but are unsure how to pay for it? Here at Toledo LASIK & Cataract, we have many options available to you, through corporate discounts, patient financing or taking advantage of your flex spending account, we will help you navigate through your financing options.
Toledo LASIK and Cataract is present at events all over the region. Click here to view our calendar of events and plan to stop by and see us. You can get an on-the-spot LASIK screening and get all your LASIK questions answered! And you can register to win FREE LASIK!
Are you ready to see clearly without the hassles of contact lenses and glasses? Toledo LASIK & Cataract use the latest technology... Bladeless LASIK. Click here to learn more and see if LASIK is right for you.
If you have cataracts you now have an option to upgrade your cataract surgery with premium intraocular lens implants. At Toledo LASIK & Cataract we can reduce your dependency or even eliminate your need for distance and reading glasses after cataract surgery! Click here to learn more about ReSTOR, Toric and Crystalens – Your premium lens options.
Would you like to win FREE LASIK? Click here to sign up online and to view our past winners!